The West Deptford Elementary Schools PTO instituted the Grants for Education to put funds we raise directly into the hands of teachers and staff so that they may enhance the educational opportunities of our children. Grants are awarded on an annual basis to support and inspire innovative, creative and essential resources in education.
The PTO Grants Committee will review and nominate all submissions for PTO Board approval. The PTO will determine and announce the available funds for grants each school year based on budget and need at the budget meeting in September of each year. Applications can be made throughout the school year from September through May of each school year. Submissions must be received by the 15th of each month to be approved for the following month (Board Meetings are the 1st Wednesday of each month).
- Proposals may be for projects, activities, books, equipment, in-room resource materials or anything that enhances the academic lives of children at West Deptford Elementary Schools.
- While preference is given to proposals that serve all students, teachers are encouraged to submit proposals that will benefit their individual classrooms or grade level. Collaboration and team efforts are also encouraged.
- Funds may be used for ONLY the specifics of the applications awarded. If changes occur after the award is made, the applicant must contact the PTO Board before proceeding.
- Funds cannot be used to pay for field trips, traditionally budgeted expenditures, substitute teacher compensation, projects already completed, or items already purchased. All requests will be considered at the discretion of the Grants Committee and PTO Board approval. WDES Administration may also be consulted for additional information for consideration of grant approval.
- Applications should be brief, but sufficiently specific and detailed. Submissions must have a clear purpose, show benefit and describe exactly what is needed and how much the reward request is for.
- Each Teacher/Staff Member can submit multiple applications per year, but can only be awarded a grant once per school year.
- The maximum request for a grant application cannot exceed $500 per request.
- The PTO Board may update, change, and or eliminate any part of this process as needed annually to meet budgetary needs.
Grant Recipients will receive notice of reward in writing after Board Approval
Process for Receiving Award
- Submitted Application is approved and Grant Recipient is notified by PTO Board Member
- To receive funds recipients must submit receipts or proof of expense for reimbursement. OR
- If money is needed prior to purchase a request can be made for a check or credit card payment made directly to the supplier.
It is expected that the recipient will have done the necessary research prior to the grant request. The PTO will not be responsible for researching suppliers.
Please contact the PTO board at email@example.com with any questions.